Please read the important information below and then continue with your nomination. Please note we now have 10 categories to chose from.
- Amazing Advocate – an amazing woman whose passion for a local cause or NFP group inspires and motivates others to become involved and make a positive impact.
- Amazing Mentor – an amazing woman who is a trusted tutor, coach, counselor or guide to others in the community as a role model and leader in her chosen field.
- Amazing Athlete – an amazing woman who is striving towards (or has achieved) athletic excellence in her chosen field.
- Amazing Legacy – an amazing woman who has been part of the Airdrie community for more than 15 years and has made a difference by her contributions through either her work, volunteering, mentoring, activism and guidance, and has shown by example how to live her best life.
- Amazing Workplace – a business or organization that has created an environment of support and equality for women – this award is presented to the business/organization as a whole, not to any one individual.
- Amazing Courage (Tracy Work Memorial) – an amazing woman who has mental or moral strength to persevere and withstand a difficult personal experience and triumphs in a manner that inspires others.
- Amazing Heart an amazing woman who with a generous disposition and compassion has touched the lives of others in her personal circle; family, friends and peers.
- Amazing Determination – an amazing woman who has taken decisive action and created change either in her own personal life or in the community at large.
- Amazing Cultural Ambassador – an amazing woman whose creative talent and energy is matched by her ability to mentor, engage and promote the art community as a whole.
- Amazing Promise – an amazing young woman (age 15 – 21) who demonstrates exceptional promise through her endeavors in her chosen discipline and is a role model for other youth.
2021 AMAZING AIRDRIE WOMEN AWARDS RULES AND FAQS
How do I nominate someone for an (AAWA) Amazing Airdrie Women Award?
Fill out the form until Dec 15, 2020. First you MUST have their permission. Please do not submit without informing them. You need your nominee’s name, phone number, e-mail address and a brief explanation of why you think they should be nominated in any of the categories listed above. PLEASE NOTE WE WILL MAKE THE FINAL DETERMINATION OF WHICH CATEGORY THEY ARE PLACED IN BASED ON THE INTERVIEW PROCESS.
Is anyone eligible? Members of the media are not eligible to be nominees. Immediate family members of Frog Media Inc employees and contractors are not eligible. Frog Media reserves the right to research all candidates and exclude any nominee who proves to be falsely represented, or who has slandered and/or defamed Frog Media Inc and its employees and contractors. Frog Media reserves the right to cancel any nomination.
Previous winners are not eligible for nomination. We do not accept self-nominations.
The person I want to nominate lives outside the city limits but they work and/or volunteer in Airdrie, are they eligible? Yes. All nominees should have a strong connection to Airdrie. They should live in or around the city or work/volunteer in and around the city. If their home address is just outside the city limits, we’re not worried. If they live in another city entirely, and do not work in the city, they are not eligible. But, if in doubt, nominate and we’ll sort it out.
Can I nominate more than one person? Yes you can nominate as many as you want as long as you fill out a separate and completed form for each nominee.
Can I nominate someone in more than one category? Yes but please note we will make the final decision on which category they are selected for.
Do I need to get the nominee’s permission to nominate them? Yes. We have wasted so much time over the years trying to track down nominated people who did not want the recognition or attention so we now require you get their permission and all their contact info. We interview every nominee who will be featured in the magazine.
Can I nominate someone who has been a nominee in the past? Yes, but we do not accept nominations for previous winners in any category.
How are the finalists selected? 50% of the decision is the responsibility of the airdrielife editorial team, the AAW sponsors and previous recipients of the awards (Each member has one vote). The other 50% comes from our readers who can vote online. The top-ranking finalist in each category is the recipient but that is not announced until the awards event in the spring (TBA).
Nominations close December 15th