Recipes that can adapt to changing seasons or special occasions are something I love! Using your pantry to keep stocked up for basic recipes that you can adapt and play with can be both a space and money saver. I use 100 per cent baker’s chocolate for this recipe to make the smoothest, creamiest fudge!
White Chocolate Fudge, Two Ways!
- 510 g or 3 cups white chocolate
- 300 ml sweetened condensed milk
Add for peppermint:
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- Candy canes for garnish (after fudge has cooled)
Add for strawberry:
- 1 tsp strawberry extract or strawberry baker’s emulsion
- 3-5 drops pink or red food colouring
- For a mild pink colour and natural flavour, reduce sweetened condensed milk to 250 ml and add 1/4 cup strawberry jam.
Chop white chocolate into small pieces.
Combine sweetened condensed milk, chocolate and flavouring in heavy-bottomed pot.
If using food colouring, add now.
Heat mixture on low-medium heat. Stir often to prevent burning.
Once all the chocolate pieces have melted and mixture is uniform, pour into parchment-lined 8-by-8-inch pan.
Allow to set in fridge at least two hours before serving.
If making peppermint, add candy cane garnish prior to serving. Do not add candy canes earlier or else the colour will bleed into the fudge.
Makes approximately 24 pieces